Being born in a desi family, we all grew up going shopping with our parents. And you know what I’m talking about when I say they got that pro skills set when it comes to bargaining.
Here are 7 bargaining tips we all should learn from our parents.
1. Start by presuming your salesperson is basically there to rob you
2. When they give you the price, instantly cut your offer to half i.e. for a Rs. 500 toy, offer them Rs. 250
3. For every Rs. 50 they let off, you only add Rs. 5 to your offer
4. If you like what you see, don’t try to grin or act excited
Apparently that gives the seller the upper hand.
5. If you can, in a rickshaw ride for example, tell them ‘abhi to Rs. 50 mein aye hain’
6. Make use of ‘par bhai, barabar wala to Rs. 100 mein de raha hai’
Just a heads up. This can backfire into ‘tou use se ja kar lelein.’
7. If you think your salesperson is being stubborn on prices, try and walk away only to have them call you back
This works 90% of times. Trust me.