It is not easy growing up in a misogynistic society. The stigma attached to feminity affects every aspect of your life. What’s more, there are double standards for men and women when it comes to managing hairy bodies.
Here are 7 hairy body struggles every desi girl can relate to.
1. You are getting your eyebrows threaded and upper lips waxed every 10 days
The struggle of going to beauty parlors is real.
2. Shopping for hair removal products, like female hygiene products, is about pretending you don’t know what’s happening
3. Desi men expect you to be carrying hair-free bodies
Shakeel, have you ever taken a look at your chest?
4. Being hairy is a taboo. You’re not supposed to talk to about it
5. You grow hair literally everywhere except where you need them the most i.e. your head
6. Aunties act as if being hairy is a disease
7. You wonder what it did be like to embrace your body