Dating in a desi society comes with a baggage that not all of us are able to pinpoint. It requires a lot of sneaking around and can be tiresome. This is not to imply people can’t have healthy relationships here; it’s just that the whole experience of it can be uncomfortable.
Here are 7 reasons why dating in a desi society sucks.
1. Even before you get to know the person very well, people tend to commit
Phrases such as I love you don’t necessarily reflect the achievement of a certain milestone in the relationship.
2. The sneaking around is real
Your love for the other person is directly proportional to the number of lies you tell your family just to see them.
3. PDA i.e. public display of affection is strictly prohibited
4. Setting up two friends is rarely a thing
5. Online dating is a big no
6. You have to be prepared for the different ridiculous reasons you might need to break up for
Difference of sect, cast, color, height and income bracket are just a few of them.
7. No point if you have to end up with phupho ki beti anyway