Let’s face it. Election days, as much as they are crucial for a country’s future, can be pretty entertaining. And while we hope Pakistan today elects a capable leader to run its affairs, we bring you 7 things that are bound to happen on every election day in Pakistan.
1. First comes in the late waking up that a lot of us enjoy
Isn’t it the best thing ever to wake up at 12 pm on a Wednesday?
2. Then there’s loads of nothing to do the whole day
3. Your parents won’t allow you to go out given the political condition of the country
4. TV channels make sure to update you minute to minute. There are special transmissions
5. Social media trolls are no behind
6. Your timeline is filled with images of people’s inked thumbs with captions ‘casted my vote #WhateverPartyTheyAreSupporting’
7. Then there is waiting for results